IWSG: AUG 5 2026

 Hi! 

I was too busy during the last IWSG Day. Today---I almost missed it. Had a hospital case at home.

BTW, review for Spider Man B&D posted.

SOOOOOO



Click here to get to IWSG







The awesome co-hosts for the August 5 posting of the IWSG are Shannon Lawrence, Diedre Knight, Liza, and Pat Garcia! 

THANK YOU TO THE CO HOSTS!

Remember, the question is optional.
August 5 question - As a writer/author what is something you regret? Or something that you wish you'd done differently in your writing process?


I published a book this year. I decided to do that when I was twelve. Now I'm sixteen. It wasn't that long ago. And still---I do have 'em regrets and desperation. But I don't think I could have taken my writing process any differently. 

I wish I had access to more books when I was younger. I'd look at the stacks of Wimpy Kid and Harry Potter behind the glass whenever I visited a friend's house. I had no idea that I would have loved it.

I wish I'd discovered rom-coms a bit earlier. I wish I'd focused a bit more on my Grammer and vocabulary. I wish I'd joined some sort of English class. I wish I'd started a YouTube channel during the COVID. ie, I was late to the party. 

I wish I'd known a lot better than to have just underestimate myself and my work and just let it out for the sake of proving to some people that I have indeed written a book. My book isn't proof read. It will be one of the regrets of my life. Hopefully, I redeem myself one day.

Thanks to the Almighty that----

1. My father had the heart to take his family with him to Saudi Arabia. If it weren't for that decision of his---I wouldn't have had the love, interest or most importantly---understanding of the English language. I'm sorry I had to leave there after elementary school. 

2. Avengers Endgame was on the TV and I happened to walk past it the exact moment Tom Holland appeared. I was 10 years old. I fell in love with him. I watched all the marvel movies, started watching series, discovered rom coms and then period dramas----

3. I never forgot the promise I made to myself when I was younger---I'll publish a book, I'll do amazing things and I'll have a nice upper middle class life. I'm still working on all of that.

If it actually weren't for the MCU---I don't think I'd have such a strong vocabulary or speaking skills or--- 

Maybe I'd have forgotten English.

And ohhh gooddd---PERIOD DRAMAS gave me a nice accent. I mean, I don't talk like English people but I do have a splendid accent than most around me.

Yeah I deviated from the question.

But you see---I know I'm still figuring it out. And I have got to be proud of myself for my own sake. I'm an idiot for publishing my book without proof reading. Why did I do it?

Desperation.  I knew I was going into a "coaching centres" to crack one of the hardest exams in the world. I just didn't want to look back and realize that I forgot the link to my blog, lost the password to my writer's account or that there's nothing but research papers in my files. I didn't want someone to call my writing as a crazy hobby that made me get a D grade in math. 

And I'd no money to have made someone proof read it for me. 

At least I sold some books, put my name in google, learned something about the industry---....

Many things didn't happen for me but many things DID happen for me and all of it got me here. "Here" is somewhere that I got to by myself despite the the crazy tall walls that keep growing around me.

I am writing a monthly blog in a Friday night. People---writers from America are going to read it and leave a comment. My friends don't read blogs. They don't know what's 'blogger'. They don't know that there's a side to the internet which doesn't require you to constantly be online for absolutely ridiculous reasons. I am here---writing, reading, learning, thinking and trying to be socially extroverted in the internet and outside the internet. 

Gbbbye<3
 

This Ends This Summer💗💛 |
SeñoRida💎|


This Ends This Summer📖is the debut novel of teen author SeñoRida🤵‍♀️

About Book📖💓

Fifteen year old Sasha Samuelson has been battling PTSD for the past eight years. After the traumatic incident that brought a dark shadow over her family, she's been on a drastic loop.

Sasha had always been a ghost. And she didn't know any better. She chose to know no better. But summers change everything.

The old playmate, her little crush--Raven Ice--walked into her life this summer, and told her that he wasn't just in her dream.

But like a dream, This Ends This Summer.

This Ends This Summer is a young adult coming of age high school romance that will take you on a road trip through another crepuscular summer💛


Rida, AKA SeñoRida, is a 2010-born girly. Her hobbies include reading, writing, and fan-girling. She is obsessed with fried chicken, purple, and books. She’s never a follower but a fan, and she believes that’s how it’s supposed to be. She’s an ordinary human who wants to do extraordinary things.Her debut novel, This Ends This Summer is a coming of age, swoon worthy, heart melting romance that you must not miss because the love she writes, is a holy trinity of respect, trust and hope and life is lived if we live for love!

Social media links; Instagram: @rida.senorida Blog: spotforyoubyme.blogspot.com

Goodreads

This Ends This Summer

Amazon India

Flipkart

Writer's Pocket




Comments

  1. There you go -- learning and experimenting and growing. No regets. You are on the path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some world views in you when you were young - treasure that. You will grow faster as a writer than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on publishing a book at 16! You should be proud of yourself. And none of my friends or family read my blog either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts