IWSG: AUG 5 2026

 Hi! 

I was too busy during the last IWSG Day. Today---I almost missed it. Had a hospital case at home.

BTW, review for Spider Man B&D posted.

SOOOOOO



Click here to get to IWSG







The awesome co-hosts for the August 5 posting of the IWSG are Shannon Lawrence, Diedre Knight, Liza, and Pat Garcia! 

THANK YOU TO THE CO HOSTS!

Remember, the question is optional.
August 5 question - As a writer/author what is something you regret? Or something that you wish you'd done differently in your writing process?


I published a book this year. I decided to do that when I was twelve. Now I'm sixteen. It wasn't that long ago. And still---I do have 'em regrets and desperation. But I don't think I could have taken my writing process any differently. 

I wish I had access to more books when I was younger. I'd look at the stacks of Wimpy Kid and Harry Potter behind the glass whenever I visited a friend's house. I had no idea that I would have loved it.

I wish I'd discovered rom-coms a bit earlier. I wish I'd focused a bit more on my Grammer and vocabulary. I wish I'd joined some sort of English class. I wish I'd started a YouTube channel during the COVID. ie, I was late to the party. 

I wish I'd known a lot better than to have just underestimate myself and my work and just let it out for the sake of proving to some people that I have indeed written a book. My book isn't proof read. It will be one of the regrets of my life. Hopefully, I redeem myself one day.

Thanks to the Almighty that----

1. My father had the heart to take his family with him to Saudi Arabia. If it weren't for that decision of his---I wouldn't have had the love, interest or most importantly---understanding of the English language. I'm sorry I had to leave there after elementary school. 

2. Avengers Endgame was on the TV and I happened to walk past it the exact moment Tom Holland appeared. I was 10 years old. I fell in love with him. I watched all the marvel movies, started watching series, discovered rom coms and then period dramas----

3. I never forgot the promise I made to myself when I was younger---I'll publish a book, I'll do amazing things and I'll have a nice upper middle class life. I'm still working on all of that.

If it actually weren't for the MCU---I don't think I'd have such a strong vocabulary or speaking skills or--- 

Maybe I'd have forgotten English.

And ohhh gooddd---PERIOD DRAMAS gave me a nice accent. I mean, I don't talk like English people but I do have a splendid accent than most around me.

Yeah I deviated from the question.

But you see---I know I'm still figuring it out. And I have got to be proud of myself for my own sake. I'm an idiot for publishing my book without proof reading. Why did I do it?

Desperation.  I knew I was going into a "coaching centres" to crack one of the hardest exams in the world. I just didn't want to look back and realize that I forgot the link to my blog, lost the password to my writer's account or that there's nothing but research papers in my files. I didn't want someone to call my writing as a crazy hobby that made me get a D grade in math. 

And I'd no money to have made someone proof read it for me. 

At least I sold some books, put my name in google, learned something about the industry---....

Many things didn't happen for me but many things DID happen for me and all of it got me here. "Here" is somewhere that I got to by myself despite the the crazy tall walls that keep growing around me.

I am writing a monthly blog in a Friday night. People---writers from America are going to read it and leave a comment. My friends don't read blogs. They don't know what's 'blogger'. They don't know that there's a side to the internet which doesn't require you to constantly be online for absolutely ridiculous reasons. I am here---writing, reading, learning, thinking and trying to be socially extroverted in the internet and outside the internet. 

Gbbbye<3
 

This Ends This Summer💗💛 |
SeñoRida💎|


This Ends This Summer📖is the debut novel of teen author SeñoRida🤵‍♀️

About Book📖💓

Fifteen year old Sasha Samuelson has been battling PTSD for the past eight years. After the traumatic incident that brought a dark shadow over her family, she's been on a drastic loop.

Sasha had always been a ghost. And she didn't know any better. She chose to know no better. But summers change everything.

The old playmate, her little crush--Raven Ice--walked into her life this summer, and told her that he wasn't just in her dream.

But like a dream, This Ends This Summer.

This Ends This Summer is a young adult coming of age high school romance that will take you on a road trip through another crepuscular summer💛


Rida, AKA SeñoRida, is a 2010-born girly. Her hobbies include reading, writing, and fan-girling. She is obsessed with fried chicken, purple, and books. She’s never a follower but a fan, and she believes that’s how it’s supposed to be. She’s an ordinary human who wants to do extraordinary things.Her debut novel, This Ends This Summer is a coming of age, swoon worthy, heart melting romance that you must not miss because the love she writes, is a holy trinity of respect, trust and hope and life is lived if we live for love!

Social media links; Instagram: @rida.senorida Blog: spotforyoubyme.blogspot.com

Goodreads

This Ends This Summer

Amazon India

Flipkart

Writer's Pocket




Comments

  1. There you go -- learning and experimenting and growing. No regets. You are on the path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some world views in you when you were young - treasure that. You will grow faster as a writer than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on publishing a book at 16! You should be proud of yourself. And none of my friends or family read my blog either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're amazing, Rida. I believe in you. As Natalie shared, my family rarely reads my blog and my friends never. 😂. That's one of the reasons why I love my blogging friends. ❤️🌺❤️🍀🍀🍀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on publishing a book at your age. That's amazing! The best part about publishing these days is you can release a new edition later when you can do proofreading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good thing is you found all those things eventually and you have plenty of time to explore more. My friends and family also don't read my blog, though a few do read my newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a head start over most of us. Take advantage of it, use your time wisely, and have fun. No regrets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear Rida you are such enlightened soul my dear :)
    i am 56 and i feel so inspired by you as you have such an incredible sense of writing and say everything so beautifully that sits in the heart forever . congratulations that you could publish your book omg for sixteen years old that sounds so awesome and very impressive :) i loved English as growing little girl so much as i would wlak into the room to watch english movie that would come 11pm at night that was very late in small village i grew up . fear of the mother who can get up anytime and scoled was overwhelming .but i would watch anyway or you can say i would listen by placing my ear close to the tv lol . i wrote in urdu since i was six but this blogging brought me so much insight into the real world and about culture and people living far far away .i am grateful i am able to connect you and all my friends dear .good luck with all your fututre plans and please remember that not past nor future are in our control except the moment you have ,rule over it to fullest !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts